Agro BSA-i is a Shariah compliant basic savings account that provides you an access into banking services at minimal cost for all Individual Malaysians and Permanent Residents. Categories of the account are Individual Account, Trust Account and Joint Account.
- The applicable Shariah concept is Qard. Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender (Customer) to a borrower (Bank) where the latter is bound to repay an equivalent replacement amount of the lender. The Bank in this situation is guaranteeing the repayment of the money and will return the same to the lender accordingly, subject to the Bank’s procedures.
- Open to Malaysian citizen and Permanent Resident.
- Open to Individual only.
Types of Account
This account is for Individuals aged 12 years old and above.
Open to Individuals aged from 1 day until below 12 years old and operated by a trustee who aged is 18 years old and above. The trustee must be a Malaysian citizen.
Account managed by a group of Individuals aged 18 years old and above and the group must not exceeding of 5 people. Primary account holder must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Minimum amount of initial deposit is RM20.00.
- Minimum balance shall not be less than RM20.00 at any time.
Account holder is allowed to choose the monthly banking transaction options as below:
A. Minimum 16 monthly transaction
- Six (6) visit over the counter – Charge of RM0.50/visits for 7th visit and above.
- Eight (8) ATM cash withdrawal transactions. Charge of RM1 for 9th withdrawal and above.
- The first two (2) Interbank-GIRO (IBG) transactions for which a fee of RM0.50 is charged per transaction. Charge of RM2/transaction after the 1st 2 transactions.
B. Unlimited ATM Withdrawal and Over the Counter Transaction (OTC).
Account holder is given the choice of paying annual fee of RM8 for unlimited ATM withdrawals and OTC transactions.
Beside, Senior Citizen aged 60 years and above are given the flexibility to choose option (C) below:
C. Unlimited ATM Withdrawal and Over the Counter Transaction (OTC) without annual fee charge. (Only for customer aged 60 years and above – Senior Citizen).