Agro BSA-i is a Shariah compliant basic savings account that provides you an access into banking services at minimal cost for all Individual Malaysians and Permanent Residents. Categories of the account are Individual Account, Trust Account and Joint Account.
- The applicable Shariah concept is Qard. Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender (Customer) to a borrower (Bank) where the latter is bound to repay an equivalent replacement amount of the lender. The Bank in this situation is guaranteeing the repayment of the money and will return the same to the lender accordingly, subject to the Bank’s procedures.
- Open to Malaysian citizen and Permanent Resident.
- Open to Individual only.
Types of Account
This account is for Individuals aged 12 years old and above.
Open to Individuals aged from 1 day until below 12 years old and operated by a trustee who aged is 18 years old and above. The trustee must be a Malaysian citizen.
Account managed by a group of Individuals aged 18 years old and above and the group must not exceeding of 5 people. Primary account holder must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Minimum amount of initial deposit is RM20.00.
- Minimum balance shall not be less than RM20.00 at any time.
Account holder is entitled to perform at least 16 free banking transactions per month such as
- Six (6) transaction over the counter (OTC) for account enquiries, withdrawals, fund transfers within the Bank and bill payments;
- Eight (8) ATM cash withdrawal transactions;
- The first two (2) Interbank-GIRO (IBG) transactions for which a fee of RM0.50 is charged per transaction.