PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 NOTICE
Bank Pertanian Malaysia Berhad (“Agrobank”, â€œweâ€, â€œourâ€ or â€œusâ€) is committed in ensuring your personal data is protected. â€œYou/yourâ€ means or refers to individual customer or the business or organisation, whether it be a sole proprietor, partnership, limited company, limited liability partnership, trust or unincorporated association.
As you are the owner of your personal data and/or you are providing or provided personal data to us in your capacity as an authorized representative of our customer, then you have the right to make a choice whether or not to provide your personal data to us. However, we encourage you to make choices that allow us to provide you with banking products and services that you require. If you elect to withhold any personal data this may adversely affect your application and / or for us to continue with the banking products and services provided to you or to establish the banking business relationship with you.
Agrobank is subject to the data protection requirements provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and this notice (â€œPDPA Noticeâ€) is intended to inform you on how your personal data which is kept with us is processed and how you can control your personal data from being disclosed by us. In addition, this PDPA Notice is to inform you of your rights in connection with the protection of your personal data.
When you choose to establish a banking business relationship with Agrobank we will acquire personal data about you through several methods which include but not limited to:
(a) personal data that we collect from you on applications or other forms, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, assets and income;
- personal data about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or third parties, such as account balances, payment history and account activity;
- personal data from credit bureau reports, credit reporting agencies, authorities and/or corporations;
- personal data obtained during the appointment session with us or during assessment session; and
(e) other written communications with us or documents provided to us prior to and during the course of our business conduct.
(collectively, â€œPersonal Dataâ€).
The purposes in relation to the usage and processing of your Personal Data depend on the nature of the banking products and services you have with us or which you intend to establish with us. The purposes of usage and processing of your Personal Data may include:
- for purposes of establishing banking business relationship and updating our records;
- risk assessment in granting loan or financing;
- debt recovery;
- detection / prevention / prosecution of fraud, fraud or any other similar cases;
- managing and updating the account information if your account is with us (if any);
- for deposit insurance/takaful purposes;
- for assessing, processing and investigating insurance/takaful risks and claims;
- to enable a party to evaluate any actual or proposed assignment, participation, sub-participation, and/or novation of our rights and/or obligations;
- to maintain and protect our offices and automatic teller machines;
- carrying out our surveys and analysis as appropriately required for our banking products and services enhancement;
- promoting and marketing our banking products and services;
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
When using and processing your Personal Data for purposes stated above, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following authorized parties (â€œAuthorised Partiesâ€):
- departments within Agrobank;
- auditors, lawyers, advisers, agents or our banking products and services strategic partners who are under the duty of confidentiality with us;
- any relevant authorities governmental or otherwise such as the Companies Commission of Malaysia, Malaysia Department of Insolvency and etc.
- any relevant authorities governmental involved in the evaluation, assessment and monitoring of our banking products and services such as the Ministry of Agriculture;
- any fraud prevention agencies and regulators including Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, Securities Commission and etc, if necessary to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) which is regulated by the Credit Bureau of Bank Negara Malaysia or any other reference agency / credit report under Credit Reporting Agencies 2010. We may transmit your account information to CCRIS or reference agency / credit report if the loan / financing are granted to you. If you have been granted a loan and fail to make the repayment of the loan in full and on time, we will notify the failure to CCRIS or reference agency / credit report. We will also use the information provided to make a periodic review on our records for account management purposes and to assist us in making a decision whether or not to continue / resume the credit financing;
- To any authorized person under the laws of Malaysia and permitted under the PDPA.
At Agrobank, we emphasize on the security of our customersâ€™ Personal Data and will take practical steps to protect your Personal Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
All Personal Data provided by you shall be processed and used in Malaysia. However, if your Personal Data is to be transferred out of Malaysia for the purpose related to the loan/financing application by you as authorized by you, we shall ensure that the Personal Data shall only be transferred to countries which have data protection laws equivalent to PDPA or provide better protection from the provisions of PDPA.If your Personal Data need to be transferred to other countries which do not have data protection laws or laws which do not provide protection equivalent to the provisions of PDPA, we shall ensure that all processors and data users shall comply with all provisions of PDPA.
We agree that we:
(a) will only process your Personal Data in accordance with the instructions given by you and in accordance with the PDPA;
(b) take appropriate measures in terms of management and technical services to protect the Personal Data from (i) any processing or usage of Personal Data which is not authorized or (ii) the loss or destruction of the Personal Data caused from our negligence;
(c) will not keep your Personal Data longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the lawful purposes which are permitted by law.
Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and relevant only to the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for. However, the accuracy and relevance of your Personal Data largely depends on the Personal Data provided by you. Kindly notify Agrobank by contacting us or visiting our nearest branch when the Personal Data provided earlier to Agrobank becomes incorrect or inaccurate.
Subject to payment of a fee you may request access to and correction of your Personal Data which is held by us. The form can be obtained by contacting us or visiting our nearest branch.
If you have reason to believe that we have violated the principles set out in this PDPA Notice, we urge you to raise this matter to us. You can request a form from us which enable you to explain and express your concerns to us. Upon receipt of the duly completed form providing specific details of the complaints you will receive a response from us within 21 days. If we find that the complaint is justified, we will resolve the matter.
We may review and update this PDPA Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in law, changes in business practices, procedures and structure. It may not be practicable to notify changes in the PDPA Notice to each customer, nevertheless, you may obtain the latest version of the PDPA Notice by contacting us or visiting our nearest branch. By continuing your banking business relationship after communication of the revision and update you are accepting and consenting to such revision and update.
By providing your address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number or other contact methods you agree and consent that we may contact you through letters, emails, phone calls, facsimile or such other methods. Kindly be informed that you have the right to withdraw the consent granted to us for the above matters at any time by visiting our nearest branch by completing the prescribed form.