Qard Savings Account-i is a savings account with passbook based on Shariah concept of Qard designed for Individuals aged 18 years and above and Non-individuals (Societies/ Associations/ Clubs). Agrobank provides wide range of accounts which are Individual Account, Trust Account, Joint Account and Non-Individual Account.
- The applicable Shariah concept is Qard. Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender (Customer) to a borrower (Bank) where the latter is bound to repay an equivalent replacement amount of the lender. The Bank in this situation is guaranteeing the repayment of the money and will return the same to the lender accordingly, subject to the Bank’s procedures.
- Open to Malaysian citizen, Permanent Resident and Non-citizen;
- Open to Individuals or Non-Individuals customer (Societies/Associations/Clubs).
Types of Accounts
Applicant is a Malaysian citizen or Permanent Resident aged 18 years and above.
Open to individuals aged below than 18 years old. The account is operated by a trustee aged above 18 years old.
Account managed by a group of Individuals aged 18 years old and above and the group must not exceeding 5 people. Primary account holder must be a Malaysian citizen.
Registered Societies/Associations/Clubs managed by at least two (2) Individuals aged 18 years old and above.
- Minimum amount of initial deposit for Individual / Trust Account is RM10.00.
- Minimum amount of initial deposit for Joint / Non-Individual Account is RM100.00.
- Minimum balance shall not be less than RM10.00 at any time.